cfsmtb in low earth orbit

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Life's safer on a bike

wcyclistReceived a email today from "46" It's a new campaign from the TAC , it involves a composite of TAC's previous ad campaigns to the tune of Powerfingers "These Days". I don't like Powderfinger, but anyway... From the site: It's 46 too many Don't become a statistic etc etc

Then there's: What can I do about the hidden toll? But there's no information directly pertaining to cyclists - except for the injury calculator on the right; Ok, I'll type in Female, Bicyclist, 30-39..

28 people, just like you are injured on Victorian roads every year

Ok then, Female, Pedestrian, 30-39...

65 people, just like you are injured on Victorian roads every year

Then type in: Female, Passenger, 30-39....

251 people, just like you are injured on Victorian roads every year


Now, Female, Driver, 30-39.....


923 people, just like you are injured on Victorian roads every year

Yes, I certainly prefer to be out & about on the bike. Discussion on a.b

4 Comments:

  • Stoopid me! My initial thoughts when reading 'Victorian roads' were 'That's a bit old fashioned' and 'I didn't know they kept statistics of such things (or had anything which counted as a car) back then' and then I realised what it was in reference to. Il Stoopido!

    By Blogger 3Ply Stagliano, at 9:49 pm, October 20, 2005  

  • Nah, prob my fault for choosing a piccie of a Lady Outlaw cyclist - from that era.

    By Blogger cfsmtb, at 10:20 pm, October 20, 2005  

  • P.S. Sparks are the greatest band in the entire universe. Fact.

    By Blogger cfsmtb, at 10:38 pm, October 20, 2005  

  • I have to say I've not heard any of Sparks later albums. I'm a sucker (but not one to be 'whomped', I hope) for their more guitar oriented work. That written, I like No.1 In Heaven. Maybe I've just not given their recent stuff a go and would like it if I did. They're definitely one of my favourites but there would be other bands I prefer a little.

    By Blogger 3Ply Stagliano, at 1:47 am, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home