cfsmtb in low earth orbit

Thursday, July 28, 2005

David Bonicci wears his pants high

davewhingeClick pic for larger image

Courtesy of 'Ride That Dare Not Speak It's Name' yahoogroup, here's David Bonicci's biting appraisal of those wheeled locusts of the road - CYCLISTS. No one escapes Daves' withering criticisms, be it Roadies, CMass freaks, bearded weirdy recumbent riders, there's something for everyone! Dave persists with lazily trotting out the same ol' crap, ie: poor research combined with convoluted logic big enough to drive a B-double through. Regarding the tank reference, Dave needs to be reminded he's living in a civil society & obviously he hasn't seen the ditchwitch wheelset on my singlespeed. aus.bicycle discussion here

If you feel inclined (especially you clean-shaven 'bent riders), drop Dave a line right here:
Emerald Hill Weekly Coordinating Editor: David Bonnici Editorial: (03) 9926 4888 Fax: (03) 9272 4739
Email:
emeraldhill@mel.textmedia.com.au

BTW, Channel 7 have propped up the corpse again to scare off the Moors. No, seriously, apparently there's yet another anti-cyclist story to be broadcast tonight. Same shit, different shovel. Stifles yawn.

3 Comments:

  • Poorly researched alright. He forgot to mention that Queensland, Western Australia and Tasmania (as well as several American states) have already looked into this "rego fees for cyclists idea" and found not to be at all economically viable. The real question is whether Davo wants to see his "taxes" used to fund a "rego" system that would invariably run at a loss.

    Of course, if he's so troubled by paying rego fees or fuel prices, he's quite free to hop on a bike himself and take advantage of the savings. Mind you, I don't mind if he continues the way he's going. It's his wallet, and the newspaper might serve a purpose if I ever run out of Sorbent.

    By Blogger Chris L, at 9:55 pm, July 28, 2005  

  • 'Lie-down bikes'? It's good to see Dave Bonicci has done such a large amount of research and knows what he's talking about. What a tool!

    It's good that he got a dig in a vegetarians too. Nice to see he didn't miss an opportunity for being more crass.

    By Blogger 3Ply Stagliano, at 11:52 pm, August 03, 2005  

  • David Bonnici gets his come-uppance

    Below is a letter from today's Emerald Hill Weekly in response to the EHW's feral anti-bike editorial last week. Especially like the last para :)

    See:
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/cm-melb/message/5939 for the original article

    cheers
    Juz

    ----------

    On your bike, Bonnici

    Deary me! David Bonnici got out of the wrong side of the bed again (Comment,July 27 -August 2)!
    I am a rate-paying, motor-vehicle registration-paying, parking-permit buying reader who chooses to ride my pushie round our lovely suburb. I do this because (a) I can't find a park near the cafes, parks or shops I frequent; and (b) I find it relaxing pedalling around perving in the neighbours' front yards.

    Strangely, I had never considered that I was saving the world, but it sounds good so I'll take that tag. But vegetarian -- how dare you! I am known to eat the odd leafy green, but I assure you that I share no affinity with the mung bean! Nor do I shun hair-care products,which seems to be inimical to that cohort.

    Oh, and the other reason I ride is that it keeps me fit. If you don't mind me saying so, Dave, if that's a recent picture of you, it might be a reason for you to slip into a pair of lycra shorts.

    Ross McCarroIl
    St Kilda

    By Blogger cfsmtb, at 10:28 am, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home