cfsmtb in low earth orbit

Friday, December 16, 2005

Gotta get me one of these

DisplayChandelierRight round round round, You spin me right round, baby

Bike fiends have this never ceasing compulsion to wax lyrical over components and technology. Carbon fibre p0rn vs. steel. Latest techy developments vs. retrogrouch simplicity. Gears vs.Singlespeed. Lance vs. Jan. Gels vs. snakes. ahem. Now if you know moi, you'll know I'm extraordinarily capable of building a version of this lovely chandelier (look up, ah there it is..). And also equally capable of attaching the finished construction to a bike helmet & hooning around city environs with it on my head. Why not, shall it be yet another project for 2006, regardless of all my 'other' numerous bike projects, still in hiatus? Never fear though, their time will come. One day.

Final Goatage for 2005 this evening down at River Street. We'll attempt to put in a brief appearance, though ribbage is still dodgy. As mentioned below in a previous comment, the pain threshold has gone from FECK to OH SHIT and currently diminishing to AH BUGGER. Unfortunately since the crash, I've been infected by a pesky cold + cough. Hence that's making the healing process ever so more delightful.

strongkittyOne, two, three, four. Tired yet?

Fellow blogger and bike fiend m!key has also had a nasty off, so pop over and write a cheery note. Hopefully this weekend I'll be ok enough to attach the roadie to the wind trainer & turn the legs over, as
Amys Ride is only a few short weeks away. Several WoJ/aus.bicycle folk are doing either the 45km or 120km. If you're interested, the organisers are still accepting entries up to Christmas. And there's wild rumours that L*n*e maybe there. Better hide that Livewrong bracelet!

In closing, please most feel feel to peruse my other prattlings on teh interwebbie. There's something for everyone, with insane kittys and two rather sensible offerings. Who's that chick in the cowboy hat standing next to a local pollie, a mayor, and Other Important People? See, that proves I can be sensible and all grown up. On my terms, of course.

P.S: Enjoy this video

3 Comments:

  • Thanks C, I hope that you too get well soon. It has been a frightfully forgetable week for me, and now I have recieved my ambulance bill in the mail it has got worse, as I am multo nervous that my health cover might not include ambulance.... oooh dear. I also wish that I was still a BV member... drat, drat, drat.

    By Blogger mj, at 11:07 pm, December 16, 2005  

  • That's absolutely super. I'll have to try to copy that myself sometime. We've got a few reflectors lying about and some crappy old wheels. I'll have to get a very small wheel too. I know it's complete plagiarism but I'm on the other side of the planet so it's okay I hope.

    By Blogger 3Ply Stagliano, at 5:55 am, December 17, 2005  

  • Hey, it's complete plagiarism on my behalf as well, originally saw the image on a US site but there was no details of location/construction etc. Another DIY project methinks. ;) cxyrui!

    By Blogger cfsmtb, at 11:33 pm, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home