cfsmtb in low earth orbit

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Auf wiedersehen, Kaiser Jan

Jan Ullrich retires

1997 Tour de France champion and 2000 Olympic Gold Medallist Jan Ullrich has announced the end of his career as professional cyclist, but will stay involved in cycling as an advisor to the Austrian Professional Continental Team Volksbank.

At a press conference this morning in Hamburg, Germany, he said, "I could ride again immediately, I could get a license, I am fit, as fit as last year and could immediately have a team. I have seven offers, including ProTour teams."

But, as he noted, he decided against it. "It has taken months until I was sure what I wanted, what would make me happy. Today, I want to officially announce that I will stay involved in cycling, but not as an active rider."


Don't forget, Ullrich has NOT been convicted of ANYTHING so far from OperaciĆ³n Puerto.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home